I'm sure that no one else has this problem, but occasionally my children misbehave in church. In order to prevent major problems, Jared and I tend to divide and conquer. We usually have two children between us and then one on each side. So the seating arrangement is child, dad, child, child, mom, child. Our kids are getting to the ages though that we usually don't have a ton of problems. So last Sunday Jared and I decided to sit next to each other. This is something we haven't done in years. Jacob, however, was in a bit a of mood. No matter who he sat next to he was getting upset with them. So we had to go back to kids between us. I decided to put Jacob next to me so he wouldn't have cause to grouch at any one else.
Well, he was not to happy with this situation either. To lighten the mood I lean over and say, "You know what would make you happy? A kiss from your mother!" (Insert horrified face from Jacob here!) I raise my eyebrows at him and give him a wink. He starts to laugh and says, "No way, Mom!" So I say, "Well, you can either let me kiss you or be in trouble for all the fuss you've caused with the other kids." He looks me straight in the eye, gets a HUGE grin on his face and says, "I'll take the trouble!"
Fall 2019
6 years ago

4 comments:
From a mother whose kids never misbehave in church (note the sarcasm)I have to say that I love your methods. Gotta love Jacob too!
Haha - that's awesome. Maybe it's a good sign that he doesn't want a kiss from anyone female - I guess even if it's you! Funny boy!
That's awesome! LOL
Gotta love him!
Post a Comment